Start a new thread

1 to 6 of 6 replies

hello to everyone I'm new to this site and looking for some help identifying these plants or weeds that are taking over my garden

no 1

no 2

no 3 there are 2 of these big bushes, don't know if it's a weed but it grows like mad

No 1 is some type of euphorbia. I regard it as a plant rather than a weed but it does seed itself everywhere.  Be careful if you try to pull it up or trim it because it exudes sap which is a skin irritant.

Not sure of no 2 other than some sort of grass!

No 3 is Lonicera nitida which is a type of honeysuckle. You can treat it like a hedge and trim it down or even make topiary out of it if the urge grabs you

Last edited: 19 June 2017 21:00:20

No.1 Euphorbia amygdaloides var robbiae ; can be invasive !

No.2 Carex Pendula (Pendulous sedge) ; can seed around freely!

No.3 Looks like Lonicera nitida ; responds well to very hard pruning ; sometimes used for topiary !

Glad to help .

Thank you for your replies, should I take no1 out or leave them in , there are a lot and they are very big like bushes

An attractive plant for a woodland garden ; keep some ! Don't let any of the white sap touch your skin ; I rubbed my eyes years ago after handling succulent Euphorbias , never thought that several hours later the dried sap could cause so much pain in my eyes ; believe me , I won't do that again !

Advertisement

Thanks very helpfull, I will keep that in mind when I remove them