Start a new thread

981 to 997 of 997 replies

pansyface

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SGL.  ONE TO REMEMBER. 

MAN THE LIFEBOATS, MU. HOPE THE WATER STARTS TO GO DOWN SOON. THE BBC WEATHER SERVICE - THE BBC STANDS FOR BLINKING BL***Y CR**.

GOOD TO SEE YOU, RUNNY. NICE CAKE. VERY PINK. I FEEL MY TEETH ACHING JUST LOOKING AT IT. MAY I HAVE THE ROSE?

MR. MUSCLE HAD THE SHINGLES JAB THE OTHER DAY. HE HAD SHINGLES YEARS AGO AND ASKED THE DOC IF HE REALLY NEEDED THE JAB (ANY EXCUSE TO AVOID SEEING A NEEDLE) AND THE DOC SAID YES. SO HE HAD IT AND HE'S HAD A STIFF NECK FOR THE LAST FEW DAYS. BUT IT THINK THAT WAS MAYBE CAUSED BY HIM STRUGGLING TO ESCAPE FROM THE NURSE. 

UNIVERSITY. I WENT OFF WITH MY BROTHER'S OLD SCOUTING RUCKSACK. MADE OF THICK CANVAS AND BITS OF CAST IRON, EVEN EMPTY, IT WEIGHED MORE THAN I DID. 

SATURDAY TODAY SO I'M NOT GOING OUT. I SHALL SIT BY MY LITTLE DISPLAY OF APPLES AND WATCH THE PASSERSBY INSPECT THEM. £20+ RAISED SO FAR. 

1Runnybeak1

Thanks DE for the info.   My surgery told me you have to be 70 to have the shingles vaccine.   I had  shingles last year and in 2011.   Both times on the face and head.     Had the Pnuemonia jab in 2015, but just getting over a bad dose of it now.    What does that tell you ?????

Just slinking back into bed with a glass of water, yes water.   Everything else tastes of chemicals. 

plant pauper

Oh dear M-U. It's all getting a bit close. Apart from the raging torrent, your spot looks idyllic! It's an awful worry having the river so close and so unpredictable.

Happy Birthday SGL!!!     ( pity about that other business but hopefully it'll soon start to ease off. It happens so gradually but it does happen).

Hi Runny. Good to see you. I hope you're taking it easy. Two lots of shingles is two lots of stress too many. Maybe you need to turn to the drink...or something less damaging. Yoga! 

PF I love the thought of you sitting like Mme.Guillotine watching the little pile of apples get smaller. £20 is good going. A combination of honest people and many many apples. 

Sunny it's good to have the support of family and friends. I can't believe the waiting time you guys have over there. My dad was off to wherever he was going in four days and that was delayed because it was over a week-end.

DE feel free to chip in at any time. The age range is 19- ??? so all are welcome.

Chey that makes you the junior and you get to make the tea/coffee/water for Runny...

Last edited: 16 September 2017 10:57:43

Ladybird4

Just in from planting a ruck of bulbs in pots and I'm so sorry these wishes are late SGL

Ladybird4

Hello DyersEnd. Welcome to Rez where being daft is a requisite!

Advertisement

Ladybird4

M-U that river is a real worry for you. I am keeping everything crossed it doesn't rise any higher and that the outdoorsers are not made homeless.

Ladybird4

Lovely to see you Runners. Hope you are recovering well in the quiet corner.

Hazel --

Morning all. Late start here.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SGL!!!!🎂🎂🍩🍩🍪🎊🎊🎉🎉🎉Hope you can enjoy the day despite everything. Here's hoping last night was a little better for you too. Take care.

RB, lovely to see you. Hoping things are steadily improving for you.

MU, that does look rather worrying. Keep an eye out.

Kitty, it's a tough time when they leave home but given time we are all adaptable and get used to the new regime etc. 

I ain't talking about age and injections

Daughter at hospital next week for electrode test.

Pauline and Sunny. Take it easy. You're doing well , take each day as it comes.

Morning, Hazel!  Let's hope your daughter's elecrode tests help to unlock the ongoing mystery.....fingers crossed for her.

Well, lookee here......989 posts.......Runners asked me to hold back until everyone had seen Lily's birthday wishes....including Lily......but I'll post a link back to this thread anyway, so it'll be a doddle to check back.......I'll hold off for a while yet, there are still 11 spare posts......

Watch out for Resurrected Twenty-Five though.....coming to a screen near you, soon 

Joyce21

Brrr, cold outside so have put the heating on to warm up.

M-U, that river is a bit too close when it's high.

"Q" was delivered the other day....have just opened it......in bl**dy Italian!!

I hadn't ordered the translation  However, a friend speaks Italian so, as another historian, she can have it.

Ladybird4

Oh no Joyce! Che peccato. Mi dispiace tanto per te.

Oh no Joyce!  How did THAT happen?  It was initially published in Italian but translated into English later.  I got a second hand copy for a penny + postage, and it's in English.  To be honest, I'm struggling with it.....it started off hopefully, but it's taking some getting through....and I'm losing the will to live, although I'm determined to finish it.  I don't think I'd fancy tackling it in Italian, even if I could speak it!

Still raining here........river still rising.......

Bren, those photos of the rain and river levels are worrying. Hope the rain dies off and the outdoorsers are safe. Have you got any sandbags?

Oh, Joyce, As LB has already said, Che peccato At least it's not been wasted because your friend can make use of it. I think, MU, judging by what you've said about it,  it's not going to be a book I'd buy even if it is just  penny!

Ladybird4

You need to do your Canute bit - oh wait a sec, that didn't work did it? Sorry M-U it must be a constant worry to you - especially at night when you can't see what is going on.

New thread going up any minute now......look out for Rez 25! 

Advertisement

star gaze lily

Aww thank you everyone, that's very kind.

Oops just realised you're all on another thread 

See you in a bit x